Outsourcing has many benefits:
* Renewed focus on core business.
* Mitigation of risks by reliance on an expert.
* Improved customer satisfaction through improved processes not part of the enterprise's culture or experience.
* Ability to reward workers with career opportunities in a specialty company.
* Project improvement.
* Service improvements.
* Skills upgrade.
* Skills retention.
* Skills access.
* Technology infusion.
* Cost accounting and overall visibility of accounting and performance in a business process.
* Cost reduction.
* Management of volatility in costs through financial engineering.
* Asset conversion.
* Avoidance of capital investment.
But what are the disadvantages of outsourcing? You'll find a a list of over 25 cons in the Outsourcing Forum of 12manage.